Thursday, April 26, 2007

Seeking the profound.


All of my life I have tried to grasp the enormity of the Universe, which intellectually & I know (or believe) to be infinite. I always ask, “Why”?

Gazing at the stars, trying to make Earth bound sense of it all.

“Let’s see. All the stars that are visible to the naked eye are in our galaxy and there are as many galaxies as there are stars.”

Steady now.

So, in essence I search to grasp Infinity or Eternity. I recall, long ago, on one occasion, getting a little light headed and losing my footing when I started to conceptualize the massiveness of which is all around us.

It was as though I backed off and wouldn’t take that next step to “understand”. It was like a point of no return. Maybe I really didn’t want to know or feel the Power and Vastness.

Still today, I constantly seek answers to the profound and mundane. There always has to be reason. I hold that in the next life we will all know these answers, but at that time it won’t make a difference. All will be understood. I laugh when I hear about those that “blow themselves up” for their cause and religion - looking forward to a reward of seventy virgins in the afterlife.

Ha ha ha ha, did they ever think it might be a punishment? Those most favored will receive at least seven thousand virgins or an unlimited eternal virginal supply?. What happens after seventy days? You have run out of virgins and you’re S.O.L? Maybe they could bargain for another explosion in a short reincarnated life.

OK, I digress.

I continue to recall the morning after my first psychedelic trip. After all the deep thinking and Reality shattering revelations, the sun rose the same way the next day. I was hungry and had to eat. I had to get to the cafeteria. I had to wait in line. I had to do all the same mundane things I did everyday. It didn’t seem right. I “knew” the secrets of the Universe and I was still tied to the physical realm – a slave to reality. How could that be?

My lesson; regardless of mighty insights, we still have to survive day to day while we are here.

To paraphrase an ancient proverb:

What does a wood cutter do after he attains enlightenment?

He cuts wood.

So I ask,

“Is it worth asking?

Is it worth seeking?

Is it worth knowing right now?”


T.G.




6 comments:

Kelly Martin said...

Hello again, if you enjoy reading, you may enjoy the Conversations with God series by Neale Donald Walsh. They are totally non-religious (im not religious at all) and it is not a series of books where you see God as a man in a beard its all encompassing and I have to say these books totally transformed my life. Again, dont be decieved by the title it is very very controversial and many religious people call these books blasphemy! worth a read just for that point lol!!

paisley said...

kelly, i have read conversations with god... years ago... maybe a refresher is in order...i do however feel that my path is more humanistic than spiritual..

this particular post was writen by an anonymous poster that reads my blogs, that uses the pen name,, T.G. and i have passed your comment on....

Anonymous said...

I think religion is a good way to try understand God. God is incomprehendible.

Anyone remember Lazarus? - the 80s channeled sage? Well, he said said, most profoundly - to paraphrase, "If we could somehow conceive how Almighty God is, our heads would just explode."

Now that's over load.

T.G.

paisley said...

t.g.
what state are you in?? i am labeling the ip addresses on my site tracker and cant decide for sure which one you are...

pais

Anonymous said...

Confusion.

I am in the state of confusion...
ha ha ha

sorry,

CA

T.G.

paisley said...

ok... got cha....

.....a wordy, visual , narrative... as seen thru your eyes and mine.....